Sunday, November 4, 2007

Old times


Visiting a grave is always an emotional trip.Went to clean and honour my granddad's grave the other day. It was weird cuz when we got there it was slightly rainy, like the skies remember the pain we feel and its crying to memorate our loss. We got beautiful flowers for him. Orchids were his favourite. It's been 14 years now. Its all so long ago, but I still remember playing with him like it was just yesterday. He taught me what I know of Hokkien right now. Back then, everyone was too grown up and too busy to give me the time to learn things, but he was always there.I really miss him. And the old house. All I have left of the memories of my old life is my family, my study table and the clock ticking in my room (It still works fine even though that thing is older than me. Seiko clocks are proving their worth.)NO photos, no old items. Nothing to cling on to dear heart except my memories and some items.I wish I had some sort of time machine whereby I could travel back in time and appreciate what I had back then. I was carefree, happy and surrounded by loving family.I miss my old life.

No comments: