Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Post-Exam-Result Status...

Haha! I tend to type 're-slut' instead of result! What are the odds?XD

SO we got our results last night. I don't honestly know how I am feeling right now. I was so happy I passed all 4 subjects. Many people commented that I was 'lucky' to have scraped through FIs when the passing rate this time round was really low. But I also feel bad for my best friends who didn't pass all their subjects. So I really dunno what to do about myself now.

Looking back, I think I really slacked off this semester this time. I skipped many tutorial classes thinking that I can make up for the lost time with some self-studying when the truth is, I shouldn't have. I suffered from the family curse: Overconfidence. Thinking I was better than the exams made me cocky and lose my sense of regards for my education, which led to a series of scrape-throughs and near-fails.

I really hit the all-time low this time. Lots of students at least failed one subject, and I should be thankful that I passed all of mine, but when I found out that a close friend (she was co-project manager with me in one subject) got three Distinctions and one High Distinction, I knew it. I knew that I sucked. I know deep down I have the potential to do better but because of my bad habits and distractions, I failed myself. I KNOW i could have done BETTER but I didn't!

I promised myself this sem: No more letting myself enjoy too much life throughout this semester. No more follies and going-outs and unnecessary trips here and there. I need to buck up! No more shows, no more computer games. FOCUS on the end goal: Getting all Distinctions. I know I can do it!

No comments: