Saturday, August 11, 2007

Heat Mania

Okay. Feeling much better now. The winds have arrived and a very much cooled Ronnie is typing away.

For the past few days, my room fan feels more like a giant hair dryer than a fan. Crazy weather! The weather reports say that all this happen because of the storms in the South China Sea.. Storms happening in the sea blocks the monsoon clouds from reaching to our island, causing us to face this heat.

Please! I cannot stand another night of sleepless heat!

Last week was my first week back in Swinburne. I was naturally still part stasis part aware of the entrance into my second year. After 4 lectures only do I realise the weight of education bearing on me. Need to get textbooks, check up on notes for next week, get some info from seniors, checking on clubs and associations to jion. Am thinking of taking up some charity work with organisations I used to work with during my Interact years back in form 6. Any suggestions?

Bought a new wardrobe today. This would be my first such furniture. Yes, my family comes from a traditional mindset: Hand-me-downs shoud suffice to keep you lasted until you graduate, move out and get your own place. I came to realise that I can function better with the appropriate items to organise my life (If Americans can have such luxuries, then why should I be deprived?) And so I went out and got a wardrobe with my parents. It costs RM350, so I hope it as worth the cash and lasts as long as I want it to. WIth proper maintenance.

I read somewhere that grapes aren't good for health. They can induce coughing especially in children who suffer from asthma. Who'd thought?? (P.S. My brother has asthma)

Have started doing my homework this afternoon. No more slacking this semester! Am really gonna live out my resolution now. Work hard, play hard, keeping my friends close.

Although, a few more episodes of grey's Anatomy can't hurt

No comments: